Jeff Compton, CPA, CFE, ABV
Shareholder Forensic Accounting & Business Valuation
- Rice University, B. A. Degree 1977 with majors in Economics and English
- University of Houston, post graduate courses in accounting 1977-78
- Passed C.P.A. examination November, 1978
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in Texas since 1980
- Certified Fraud Examiner since 1991
- Certificate of Educational Achievement – Business Valuation
- Accredited in Business Valuation – American Institute of CPA’s
- Accredited in Petroleum Accounting by COPAS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Management Consulting Services Section
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chairman, Continuing Education Committee – Advisory Service Curriculum – TSCPA 1995-1997
- Member, Management Consulting Services Standards Committee – TSCPA 1996-1997
- National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
1991 – Current
Practicing public accounting as Compton & Wendler, P.C. (formerly J. A. Compton & Co., P.C.) with emphasis in investigative, fiduciary, bankruptcy and litigation matters.
1986 – 1991
Practicing public accounting as Andersen, Compton & Ross with emphasis in investigative, fiduciary, bankruptcy and litigation matters.
1982 – 1986
Practicing public accounting as a sole practitioner with emphasis in bankruptcy and investigative matters.
1977 – 1982
Worked for Coastal Corporation and subsidiaries as well as Sparkman Energy Corporation performing economic evaluations and Federal energy regulation compliance work.
- Business valuation for estate and tax purposes
- Post closing accounting under purchase and sale agreements
- Oil & gas accounting issues, upstream, midstream and downstream
- Investigation of suspected fraud for either the plaintiff or defendant
- Lost business value versus lost profits
- Lost earnings calculations for individuals
- Lost profits arising from oil & gas activities
- Lost profits calculations arising from trade secret disputes
- Lost profits calculations arising from construction delays
- Lost profits calculations arising from real estate developments