Allen W. Wendler, CPA
Director of Taxation Shareholder
- University of Houston – B.B.A. Accounting and Taxation 1989
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in Texas
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Section
1995 – Current
- Shareholder – Compton & Wendler, P.C. – Practicing public accounting with an emphasis in taxation and litigation consulting services. Mr. Wendler has emphasized the area of federal income taxation in his public accounting services. Mr. Wendler has worked as a tax consultant and prepared federal and state income tax returns for corporations, partnerships, individuals, estates and trusts for over twenty-six years. Mr. Wendler has extensive experience in the area of corporate and partnership taxation, assisting clients in tax planning issues related to purchases and sales of businesses, and corporate reorganizations. Mr. Wendler also emphasizes tax planning services related to partnership agreements, formation and dissolution of businesses, international tax matters, and estate planning strategies using partnerships and trusts. Mr. Wendler also works extensively in disputes regarding corporate tax matters, partnerships, estates and trusts, forensic accounting, asset tracing, and the calculation of economic damages in these matters.
1990 – 1995
- Tax Manager with the accounting firm of Arthur Andersen & Co. Responsible for preparation of federal and state income tax returns for Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, and Individuals. Served as a key business advisor for clients in a variety of industries including environmental services, healthcare, oilfield services, real estate investment and management. Work directly with top-level executives to develop tax planning strategies and savings opportunities. Obtained broad experience in international taxation including issues related to foreign investment in the U. S., Subpart F, international reorganizations and related structural matters. Jointly responsible for management of 16 professional staff and senior staff accountants. Obtained promotion to Manager in 3 1/2 years.